Wednesday, February 10, 2016

My Process to Choose the Perfect Honeymoon

Since I recently got engaged I have been thinking a lot about the honeymoon. Being a guy the actual wedding day isn't as important to me. I am a paradise island lover and therefore I have taken on the task of planning the honeymoon. And luxury it shall be!

I have nailed it down to 3 resorts and decided to book with Only Exclusive Travel. They are a UK tour operator who specialize in luxury packages and tailor making itineraries.

The ones I like best from their selection of Maldives resorts are:

Soneva Fushi:

This photo is what did it for me. I can just imagine a romantic stroll together around the island. It looks like a great size. If you click on the title you will see that the villas are kind of secluded too.

Soneva Fushi Resort


I would guess you can also take a boat trip to snorkel at the coral reef next to the island. It looks like there is a sand bank there too- I have been on one once before and they are very cool. Especially with sand that white.

Jumeirah Dhevanafushi:

This one didn't strike me at first, but when I checked out the accommodation page I saw the photo below. That room looks like it has an outdoor hot tub facing the sunset. What could possibly be more relaxing than that?

Jumeirah Dhevanafushi

Also this resort is a nice small island which looks easy to walk around. I have been on a similar sized island in Fuji once and you really get the Robinson Crusoe experience. It looks like the spa is over the water too, with an infinity pool- that's my kind of luxury.

Per Aquum Niyama:

The photo below says it all. That is the kind of photo people post on Facebook. Heavenly accommodation on stilts above amazing crystal clear water and shite sand. I am guess that snorkeling is limited here as the turqoiuse water is very smooth looking- but that is a bonus for swimming.

Per Aquum Niyama


This resort seems larger than the others. That could be a good thing in that there will probably be more facilities, but is it ideal for a honeymoon? I can't ignore the beauty of the place though. I am thinking of possibly splitting my time here with one of the other two. We could even do all 3?

What do you think? We haven't even set a date for the wedding yet so there is no rush. Any recommendations or experience about any of these Maldives island resorts, or others in the Maldives would be most welcome. If you had to choose one which one would you choose? Only problem is no golf courses, but I haven't been doing enough golfing or golf lessons anyway recently, so the Maldives is the place to go.